teisipäev, 8. juuli 2008

Lilleküla

In winter I moved into an apartment that is situated in a part of Tallinn which is called Lilleküla (translation - Flower Village). All the streets there are named after flowers. I happened to live on Violet Street. Once we came from my aunt's birthday and my cousin gave me a ride home. I explained her how to get to my house: either from Endla to Violet Street or from Buttercup Street to the Anemone´s, from there to Cinnamon Rose Street, from there to Globeflower Street and from there to Violet Street. I got her confused although the distance is really short. She told me to shut up when I wanted to explain a third way :). Now I am moving out from there and I regret that a little. I am moving out because in winter it is hard to heat your apartment with wood and the water system isn´t good. Yet I felt at home there in a wooden house. There really grew a lots of flowers in the gardens. "Am I really living in a city?" was my first thought in the mornings.

Kommentaare ei ole: